Monday, June 30, 2008

Estoy Cansado

Well, another day has passed here. I can´t believe that I have almost been here for a week. Today wasn´t too bad, I had to do a little school stuff for the visa process, but that abouts it. Everything has to be notarized here, the notoria is like the DMV in the states, a huge line of people, where you take a number. Its not like the states, where you get a little stamp at the bank and thats it. Tomorrow is my first real day of training, I have a workshop at 10AM, I think that is it for the day. The other teacher I was hanging out with at the hostel, moved out today and he is moving into a apartment. That sucks because I am the only person staying at the hostel now (besides the caretakers). I will probably start looking for a place to live, later in the week. It will be nice to have a real place to live. Not knowing Spanish is really starting to become frustrating, I know it will come with time, but I am not a man who likes to wait! I know my Spanish has gotten better since I arrived here, but it still sucks! I am just waiting for the Spanish classes to start in a week or so. In the meantime, I have been just doing my workbooks, having simple conversations with the caretakers and memorizing verbs, etc. Actually, its about all I can do here, besides playing Solitare, reading or listening to music (I haven´t seen a TV since I have been here). I know its all part of the culture shock thing, but you come home at 6 and have nothing to do for the evening, well you know what kinda night its going to be. Still, I know I made the right move......

3 comments:

Eugene said...

Sucks that flight got canceled. How long did you end up waiting to catch the next and did you see J. Harris at the airport? She said you guys were taking off at about the same time.

The Chile Experiment said...

Yeah it was a bummer. I actually didn´t get to see Harris as I ended up taking a eariler connector (so at least I didn´t miss my flight to Chile) to Toronto, so we didn´t get a chance to hang out. Boo

jonathon said...

i think i know what can help you learn spanish faster, it's a little trick that i use whenever i go to another country, and a trick that peter griffin uses. just grow a mustache and you should be able to speak the language. if it doesn't work, keep the mustache and keep trying, i don't think anyone will try to steal your bags when they see your mustache.