Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Off

So we didn´t have to work today because it was a holiday, something like celebrating the Virgin Carmel...who knows what that is about. Week has been good so far. I finally have my first class assigned, its one on one with a student, who is pretty advanced. He signed up for a lot of classes which mean that I will have him til December! Other than that I have been filling in for other teachers which means extra money in my pocket. Not much, but enough to have a few more drinks on the weekend or something.....

Since today was a holiday, a few of us went to a karaoke bar in a nieghborhood called Nuñoa. It was fun, but everybody was really good and signing all these deep spanish romantic songs to each other. But here and there an American song would be played. I ended up staying out til 4AM and I had to get up at 9AM for Spanish class! Grrr.....So after my class, I ended up sleeping til 4PM.

Tonight is my last night in the hostal (thank god). There has been a lot more people here this week which sucks, because all the hot water for the shower is used up quickly! Not to mention that the plumbing seems to have taken a turn for the worst. Yesterday they were knocking like crazy (I thought that the pipes were going to come through the wall)!

After work tomorrow, my new roomie is going to stop by the hostal with her car and move my stuff into my new place. I´m excited because tomorrow means 100 percent spanish in the house all the time! Lets just say that I might not get to know my roommates for a few months because I won´t be able to understand them. But with me still taking Spanish lessons 3 times a week, plus this. I hope to learn much faster.....

1 comment:

Alex said...

atta boy! or should i say ese es mijo!