Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Only 7 more days in the hostel

So, I finally decided on a apartment. I ended up picking the apartment with the 3 girls (yeah I know), but the place is really nice and my roomates are really nice. The place has a nice homey feeling to it.

But the thing is, that I can´t move until the 17th because the other guy has to move out still. So that means that I am here in the hostel for another 7 days. Reasons why that I am looking forward to moving out

1. No more "home" repairs late at night. Last night, the workers decided that they wanted to fix the broken bunkbeds at 12PM. Seriously....

2. No more living out of 3 suitcases (not like I didn´t do that before).

3. No more wondering if somebody is going be in the shower when I get up (not to mention hot water)

4. No more waiting for for the caretakers to come downstairs and let me in the hostel (esp when there is a scary guy walking towards me down the street at 3AM)

I also think that I need to buy a bunch of sweater vests. Everybody wears them. Its probably caused by all the cold weather and no offices without any heat.

Eariler I mentioned that pickpocketing was a frequent problem. I was thinking about running a experienment to see if this is really a issue. I was thinking about carrying a old empty wallet in my back pocket (I carry a front pocket wallet now) to see how long (if at all), it gets swiped. I might have a good chance though, as I saw a guy getting his phone stolen out of his hand as he was talking on it while I was walking home....hmmm.

5 comments:

jonathon said...

the front pocket wallet is the way to go. i've been rocking it for years. you should start carrying a machete.

The Chile Experiment said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chile Experiment said...

Yeah, thats a good point. The machete is the way to go. I will have to look for a Wal Mart that has 6 dollar machetes. No wait, that was in Cody, WY.....

jonathon said...

they're $6 everywhere, cody or not. i'm sure chile is chocked full of wal marts though.

adrian said...

they played skynyrd at rainbo last night. how weird is that?