Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sleepy

Man, my days seem long and I am not even working that much! The reason is because I have long breaks between classes (like 3 or 4 hours) and I dont want to run home because it wastes a lot of time and money. Thats good, saving time and money, but it makes for a heck of a long day. Today, I left my house at 7AM and I didnt get home until 9PM. And I only had 3 classes today! In between my classes, I had lunch or sit at a outdoor cafe with other teachers, mess around on the internet, study Spanish or have Spanish class.

One more observation about Chilean life: Fanny packs (yes thats what I said), are huge here! The hipster scene here is intense as well. The folks from Rainbo, could learn a thing or two.

I also am buying a computer from my school. Its a used laptop only about a 1 year old, but its really cheap and its a pretty nice computer as well. I am excited to finally have my own computer, because I dont have to pester my roomies for one all the time, and I can make Skype Calls, and look at guitar stuff any time I want. Bonus!

Lately, I have started looking for a new apartment as well. At first, I didnt want to do it, but now, I am excited to find a new place. My apartment is ok, but I am sick of wasting a lot of money and time commuting to and from work. So, I am trying to find some places near work that I can walk to. It would be great to come home in the afternoon just for a little while! I have emailed a few people and probably will see some places this week.....

No comments: