Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why cant it ever be easy?

So on Friday, I was told by my roomates, that we have to all move out of our apartment by October 31st....yeah, I know....The mother of the sisters that live here, (who owns the place), has decided to move back in for various reasons. And from the sound of it, it appears everybody is going their own seperate ways...so that means in 2 months, I have to start the process of looking for a new place and new roomies! Grrrr......, just when I was getting comfortable with the place! Originally, I was frustrated by the news, but its really nobodys fault. The other roomates just found out last week, so its not like they knew the whole time. But, on the brightside, it does give me a chance to meet more people in a new setting. Not to mention the fact, that I know the city better now and have adequate time to find a new place (unlike last time, which I was rushing to get out of the hostel)...I havent really decided where I want to go. I mean my commute isnt bad, but it would be nice to avoid the bus to train transfer thing. So I figure in the end of September, I will start that whole process again.......

We had a 3 day weekend, because of the holiday on Friday (something to do with a lady named Mary....haha), but Friday it rained all day. It was a miserable day, freezing in the house and raining. I decided to cook that day and bought a bunch of stuff to make Chili with (no jokes please), but of course they dont sell Chili powder here, so I have to buy a spice that was close to it. The Chili actually was quite tasty. Friday night, I ended going to a friends house who had a party which was fun.

Yesterday, my friend Will and I did, so hiking in the mountains. We originally wanted to go to a cerro called Pochoco, but we ended up the wrong side of the valley and had to hike another random hill. It was awesome and quite steep (I will post pictures later), but its sooo cool, I can take a bus to the city limits (probably a 30 or 45 min ride) and be in the countryside! Its amazing...

Today, I probably will just hang around the apartment, buy some food and study Spanish. But, its nice out as well, so maybe I will go exploring....

No comments: