Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday..........

Once again, the weekend is over. But, it was a good weekend. Friday after work, I went to another teachers house and played poker (we do it about once a month), it was a good game and I won! Not a bad pot, about 30 Luca or 60 bucks! I think that puts me ahead in earnings for Chile. After the poker game, we just went to a few bars and ended the night. Saturday was fun too, ended up hanging out with a bunch of people and having another huge jam session, it was awesome. I mean we probably played for 2 hours, but probably for only about 5 minutes all of us were together....

We also bought bus tickets for Chiles independence day. Its a really big deal here and already people are getting set up (I see people practicing the national dance in office buildings after work and lots of cars have mini chiliean flags on them). Anyway, about 10 of us are getting a cabin in a town called Pichimu about 3 hours away. Its suppose to be a really cool beach town. Here is the link for where it is on the map:

Location

I am excited because we get a few days off work. We will probably leave Wednesday afternoon the 17th and come back on Sunday. Even cooler is that Saturday night is my birthday!

Saturday night was fun too, more just hanging out and playing card games. I taught everybody how to play the finger cup game (I think only 3 other people know of that game that read the blog. Anyone remember a certain trip to Milwaukee?), which was a huge sucess. Today is more chill, just studying Spanish and playing guitar........

1 comment:

jonathon said...

i think that the 4 people that know of it are the only in the world that know if that game...after all, it doesn't have a cool name like "flippy cup" or "beer pong" - it's just "the finger cup game." brainstorm and get back to me.