Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello All

I know its been a while, since I have had a update. But sometimes, you just get too busy. I swear that I have no time around here. The funny thing is that, I dont know where all my times goes. I mean, I only work part time! But, between my job, my photography, studying Spanish, playing guitar and hanging out with my friends, time does add up.

The weather is really starting to get nice and hot. Time is really flying and I always forget that its Novemember because of the weather here. Its probably between 70 and 80 degrees, but the nights cool down a lot.

My weekend was good, Friday we played Poker again, and I ended up going head to head for first place, but it got too late and we ended up splitting the pot (not bad about 20 bucks each). But it beats losing!

Saturday night it was my good friend Will`s going away party. He is moving to the far south of Chile. I am bummer because he is a good friend of mine. Its something you have to get used to in this line of work. People dont stay here forever, maybe 6 months, a year, etc. We had a BBQ on top of one of the cerros here. It ended up getting dark and we actually missed the last bus down the mountain! We ended up walking down the thing, it took us maybe a hour, but the view of the lights of the city was really cool.....

I have really been doing more photo work at the newspaper and Revolver (its the sister radio station). Last week, I did 2 photo reviews of restuarants in Santiago. Sometimes, we get free food and sometimes we dont. Another thing, I have been covering more is protests. There was a big protest today, and I got some great pictures of it. I will post them later (I have to edit them first!). People down here really know how to protest and everyday there is something else going on. In my opinion, its something that people from the US have forgotten to do....

Here are some photos that I have taken lately......


(La Moneda)


(Neat Car)



(Old Argentina Embassy)





So the story with this old Embassy is that some land developer owns the property and wants to tear it down to build Condos. The problem is that its considered a cultural landmark and he cant tear it down. So it just rots away.....

No comments: