Thursday, December 18, 2008

Only a few days

So on Sunday I fly back to the US for about 2 weeks. I am really excited to see everybody. Actually, it really doesnt feel like that I am have been gone that long. I think it is because of all those 2 week audits that I used to go on.

On a random note, just a few minutes ago, Chile just had a small earthquake in Santiago. I was teaching a class on the 13th floor of a building, it wasnt that serious, the blinds hitting the windows was the extent of the shake. I dont know, it could be worst in a different part of Chile...

So tomorrow, it is my last day of class for about 5 weeks! Not bad for a part time job. So after I return to Chile in January, me and 4 other friends are going on a road trip to the south of Chile and Argentina! I am really excited, one of the main points of the trip is to camp and hike at Torres Del Paine in Patagonia....its pretty much at the end of the world, about 1500 miles south of me. We are still in the planning stages, but we might also swing up to Buenos Aires for a few days but that is undecided because of the amount of time that it takes to get there by bus (its about a 22 hour bus ride). I would rather go to BA another time, since its only about a 2 hour flight from Santiago, but we will see what the group wants to do.

We will be taking buses all the way down there, and stopping at different places in the South of Chile. We will try to camp as much as we can, and the rest we will probably stay at hostels, so hopefully it will be a cheaper trip. The problem about Torres Del Paine is that it is located in a place where there are no roads directly leading to it, so we will have to take a flight from Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas. Here is an idea were were might be going:


Santiago is the first pin and Torres Del Paine is the second pin. Should be a grand adventure!

I can almost taste the Pizza Hut lunch buffet.......

No comments: